Travel and Hotel Information
If you are flying
- the destination airport for you is Raleigh-Durham International Airport (RDU)
When you land (and pass Customs and Passport Control if coming from abroad) and get to the Baggage Claim, call the hotel. Make sure that you have their reception desk number handy – (919) 549-8631. It takes about 5 minutes for the shuttle van to arrive. Due to airport security rules, the driver cannot park and wait there too long, so don’t call too early. It is better that you wait for them a couple of minutes, then they for you (and get yelled at by airport cops). The shuttle ride is free, courtesy of the hotel, it takes about 5 minutes, and brings you straight to the Radisson hotel front lobby.
If you are driving
- the Radisson Hotel RTP is at 150 Park Drive, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina 27709. See it on Google Maps
- all attendees (except those who live in the Triangle) are encouraged to stay at the Radisson Hotel Research Triangle Park
Instead of a secret code used in the past, the Radisson had prepared a special webpage for ScienceOnline2010 attendees to bag the special rate – just click here. The only thing that may not be apparent on the first page regards occupancy – it will become apparent on the options on the second page:
- SNB1 – will only give double occupancy as the choice (2 Queen Sleep Number Beds)
- SUP1 – will only give 1 King Sleep Number Bed as the choice
Many thanks to them because they were able to offer the very same $72/night plus taxes ($81.90/night total) that they gave us the last two years.
We’ve also negotiated the special rate for people who want to come in a few days earlier and/or stay later. The Radisson people have been very cool with us.
You can make the logistics easy for the hotel and finances better for yourself if you share a room with another conference participant. Find a room-mate at this page
- the main program of the conference, on Saturday all day and Sunday half-day, will be held at Sigma Xi The address is 3106 East NC Highway 54, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709. See the driving directions or check it out on Google Maps
Sigma Xi is within walking distance of Radisson RTP, but the hotel will provide free shuttle transportation to all participants throughout the meeting – just ask the receptionist or call at any time you need a ride.
RTP HQ is within walking distance of Radisson RTP, but the hotel will provide free shuttle transportation to the event.
While this is close by, it is NOT within walking distance, so please use the hotel shuttle vans for transportation, or ask one of the locals for a ride.
Information about addresses, maps, driving directions and organized transportation to other venues and events, e.g,. Lab Tours and Food Tours, will be placed on the appropriate wiki pages once the details are all set.
There is also a single Google Map with all conference locations. Please help by adding points of interest, restaurants, or other items that may be of use to conference attendees.